Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Introducing New Alpha Athlete Dustin Reed



I am Dustin Reed. I am 23 years old aspiring powerlifter. I weight lifted and competed in strongman competitions as a teenager and then graduated high school in 2009. I then joined the Army as an Active Duty Infantryman and served 4 years before suffering a relatively severe injury to my lower back and right leg. I was forced to come home and live a normal life at that point. I began powerlifting almost immediately after I got out of the Army when I met Sam Byrd. He for some reason took me under his wing and showed me the ropes about 2 years ago. I have competed in 3 SPF meets as a 220 junior with my best comp lifts of a 585 Squat, 340 Bench Press, and 575 Deadlift for a 1500 total. I am still very much a beginner in this sport in my eyes but, I am working every day to be better and little stronger than I was last meet. 


                I honestly never expected to get the opportunity to represent ALPHA due to having such a mediocre at best Bench Press. However, I appreciate and cannot thank Adrian Larsen enough for looking passed that and seeing whatever it is he saw in me. I will work as hard to do what I have promised to him as I do for myself and anyone or anything else I commit myself too. I look forward to the future and seeing what I can learn and hopefully teach and pass on to others from this opportunity that has been placed in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment