Wednesday, November 19, 2014

New Alpha Athlete Matt Phelps

Matt Phelps - graduated high school in 2001in Bardstown, KY and worked as an ironworker until 2009, when I joined the United States Border Patrol.

 I have trained and worked as a Border Patrol Agent in New Mexico, Arizona and Idaho. I have been lifting, albeit sporadically and without any real knowledge at times, since I was 13. My first powerlifting meet was when I was 14, I bench pressed 240lbs.
 
I have a two year old son, Odin, whom I love more than all the ice cream in the universe. I have been a drug free, raw lifter my whole life. I have lifted in the USAPL, USPA, UPA, Nevada Police and Fire Games and numerous unsanctioned meets. I hold drug tested and non drug tested national records in the UPA in the 242 (both) and 220 class (tested) as well as numerous state records in the UPA, USAPL and USPA.

In 2012 I won first place and best bench press at the Nevada Police and Fire Games. My best competition bench press to date is 550 unsanctioned and 547 at USPA. My best in the gym is 570. All at around 240lbs.

My goals in the near future are the 220 (551lbs) and 242 (600lbs) drug tested World Records. I rather enjoy helping other lifters out in anyway I am able to, be it programming advice or just form tips. I am learning new things that I never would have thought of from watching other lifters and asking questions and I think its important to spread that data around to everyone. Looking forward to a good year in 2015, hopefully 600lbs good!

No comments:

Post a Comment